Hi All
I am getting this issue again with my automation.
I have checked the permission scheme - it containes the Add On role
Same for the issue permission and I still get this error.
You do not have permission to assign issues
What am I missing?
Hi @Robin Stemmers
The user executing the automation role, is that user in a role or groups that is specified on permissions:
In the permission scheme?
@Robin Stemmers
You need to ensure the user who is executing the automation rule has the "Assign Issues" permission right against the project(s) in question.
I would check two places -
1. At the rule level - Who is configured for "Actors"?
2. The account that is used in your rule, must have the "Assign Issues" right against the project. You can view the project level's permission scheme to validate.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph
Hi
Yes, I have checked both places.
The Actor for the automation is "Automation for Jira". I think the runs as part of the add-ons permission, which is assigned on the Permission Scheme as well as the Security scheme.
If I run the automation with my name as the actor - it works fine, however I am an Org Site Admin, so it would work for me.
From the screenshot below, you can see that the permissions for the addons is assigned.
I want the automation to use the Automation Actor
Is that project role also granted to the permissions:
Browse Projects and Create Issue?
And what are the permission granted to the project role in the jira administration.
yes, the permissions are granted at the global level and project level
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.