I want my customers (internal colleagues) to be able to log in with SSO. On the website: https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/configure-saml-single-sign-on-for-portal-only-customers/ it says that it only works for portal-only customers, but aren't my customers portal only customers?
Hey @Antonia ,
Could you confirm if your internal colleagues have other Atlassian licenses (Jira, Confluence, etc), or are they only being granted the Customer permission for Jira Service Management?
The "Portal Only Customers" SSO configuration only works for users that don't also have other licenses. For internal users, you must use the SSO configuration provided through Atlassian Guard.
Hope that helps,
Robert
Hey @Robert DaSilva, thank you for your answer. I would do this with the portal-only-customer settings, but I have not set portal-only accounts in the Customer Access settings. Is that a bad thing? Does it still work? My customers have no licenses.
@Antonia I'm not sure I understand your concerns with your last comment.
I would encourage you to review the following documentation related to Portal Only customers in JSM: https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/configure-saml-single-sign-on-for-portal-only-customers/
This feature is intended for individuals that will only ever access your Customer Portal to raise requests in your JSM Project.
To configure the feature, you will need to navigate to the Admin Hub (admin.atlassian.net), then to Products (or Apps, if it's been renamed in your instance already), then to the instance you want to configure.
Once here, find the Jira Service Management section, and then click the "Portal Only Customers" option. This is where you will be given the option to configure SSO for these users.
Hope that helps!
I would just want to know beforehand whether it works at all with the settings if “portal only customer” is not even selected. Please take a look at my settings, I haven't selected “portal-only account” for External, so I'm asking whether it works at all with the settings I have there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.