Hi everyone,
I'm trying to set up an automation rule that sends a web request when an issue is updated. I’m using the {{changelog}} smart value to capture what changes occurred. This is the simplified JSON body I’m sending in the web request:
{
"change_summary": "{{changelog}}"
}When I change the description to a single-line value, the request works fine and the changelog includes the expected output (see first image).

When I update the description to include multi-line text (another line of text underneath the first line), I receive a 422 error. Nothing in the changelog smart value seems to render, and the request fails due to invalid JSON (second image).

I have tried using .jsonEncode and .urlEncode but that results in an empty string.

If anyone has encountered this or knows a workaround to reliably capture and send multi-line field changes through the web request action, I’d really appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance!