Hello,
I would like a custom field to appear only when a dropdown field has a certain value.
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance,
Aggeliki K.
Hello @Aggeliki K
This should be something that needs to be accomplished by ScriptRunner. Native Jira doesn't support this.
Hi @Aggeliki K
I’m Charlotte, a support engineer at Appfire and I’m here to help you.
Unfortunately, natively, you’ll not be able to do it.
In the app where my team works, Power Scripts, you can use the feature called Live Fields to do exactly what you are looking for.
In the Live Fields screen, you are able to build you own script. To do what you're expecting I suggest this one:
// Get the field valuevar fieldValue = getFieldById("customfield_10628").getValue();// Check if the object exists AND has the correct IDif (fieldValue && fieldValue.id === "10177") { getFieldById("customfield_10127").setVisible(true);} else { getFieldById("customfield_10127").setVisible(false);}
Please feel free to contact our support if you have any questions about the script I mentioned above, Live Fields, or Power Scripts in general.
We’ll be happy to help you! 😉
Hello @Charlotte Santos -Appfire-
Thank you very much for the information! It was very helpful!
The app seems to cover the need of our organisation.
I will come back if needed.
Regards,
Hello again @Charlotte Santos -Appfire- ,
Just to mention that Live Fields is not yet supported for JSM.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.