Hi everyone,
We're using Jira Service Management for internal ticket handling, and I've run into a couple of issues related to Request Participants and user accounts.
1. Request Participants not working when using email
When a customer adds someone as a request participant using their email address (e.g., jdoe@company.com), that person cannot see the issue in the Jira portal. However, if they add them by selecting the user by name (e.g., "John Doe" from the dropdown), it works fine, and the participant can access the issue.
The email address is the same in both cases, so I’m wondering:
- Why does it fail when using the email directly?
- Is there something I’m missing in how Jira identifies or links users?
I suspect there might be duplicate or unlinked accounts, but since these are portal customers, I can't see or manage their user profiles from the admin panel.
2. Users logging in with the wrong account
Additionally, when I invite a user (with a Jira license), they sometimes log in and are shown as a grey avatar with no permissions. They have to log out and log back in, after which their profile shows correctly (with initials and a colored background), and they can access the backend.
This makes me think that two accounts are being created with the same email address, possibly because they were previously portal customers?
Has anyone experienced something similar? Any tips on how to manage or merge these accounts, or how to prevent this from happening?
Thanks in advance!