I’m unable to locate Epics in my Jira project, even though I’ve confirmed they exist in the issue list. Here’s what I’ve checked:
Project Context
Basic Checks
The Epics exist in All Issues (found via search/JQL: issuetype = Epic AND project = ABC).
No active filters are hiding it (Board/Backlog filters are empty or inclusive).
I cannot see any Epic I created. This happened to tasks occasionally.
Where It’s Missing
What I’ve Tried
Refreshed cache, tried different browsers.
Verified Epic status isn’t "Done" or "Archived."
Checked for misconfigured column mappings (Board settings → Columns).
Potential Causes?
Could this be a hierarchy issue (e.g., Epic linked to a hidden parent)?
Is there a sync delay or indexing bug?
Are there hidden JQL clauses in the Board’s filter?
This appears after I create an Epic:
Changes are saved, but work item isn't visible
For work item xxx to be visible, it must match your project and filters, and have a status that’s assigned to the board.
