At the company I'm currently working in we have to optimize the workflow of the issues. It's a very big company and we have a very long budget approving flow. For that reason it's kept in it's own board. The design and dev work have their own board as well.
The question which appears is how can we make sure that the reporter who logged the task in the budged approving project board (they logg them by filling in a request form, they don't have admin access) gets notifications what's happening with their demand after the budged is approved and the task goes in backlog for specifications, the design, etc.
We can't just move the task from one board to the other because we loose budgeting info. Do I need to clone it or maybe create a linked task and then move it? Do I need to personally make the reporter a watcher or can I make sure that it happens automatically?