Hi everyone,
In Confluence Cloud, I structure my pages using multiple headings and often link directly to these sections from other pages by copying the section link (the small link icon next to the heading).
This works fine – until I change the heading text. After that, the link stops scrolling to the correct section, even though the page still loads. I understand this is because the anchor part of the link is automatically generated from the heading text, so it changes too.
I tested the Anchor macro as a workaround, and it does solve the issue – because the anchor name is static. However, the process feels quite tedious and isn’t very user-friendly.
I need to insert the anchor macro, remember its name, copy the full page URL, and manually build the link.
My main question:
Is there a simpler, more efficient way to create stable, section-specific links in Confluence Cloud — without having to use the Anchor macro each time?
Ideally, I’d like to:
Keep using headings as section markers,
But assign custom (static) anchor names to them,
Or use an app that makes this easier.
Has anyone found a good solution for this?
Thanks in advance for your help!