I'm currently managing multiple Jira projects, including one for Finance and another for our 12-Month Road Map. While I’m able to create Agile boards and use User Story Mapping with tools like ProductGo, I haven’t found a way to connect an entire project (e.g., the Finance project) to a specific task or epic within another project (like a Road Map item that depends on Finance activities).
I know you can link issues between projects using issue links like "blocks" or "relates to," but this only works on a per-issue basis. I'm looking for a solution that lets me:
- Associate a whole project (or its board/scope) to a single task or epic
Is there a native Jira way to do this? Or is this something only achievable through an app like Advanced Roadmaps, BigPicture, or a workaround using automation?
Any advice or examples on how to structure this kind of cross-project dependency would be greatly appreciated!