Good Morning dear Community,
In our team, issues are named according to the schema Rel_25.01-100_TopicContentThing. Our internal process has been to create release-related items with this naming convention for years.
However, we only switched our ticketing system to Jira a few months ago and found that searching by summary does not work reliably.
In our old ticketing system, it was easy to search for just TopicContentThing, Topic, Content, ContentThing, etc., and all items were always found.
But Jira does not find any issues. We have tried a lot with JQL searches and wildcards (e.g. summary ~ "TopicContentThing*") , but without success.
Can any experienced users give me a hint as to why the search is failing here? Are the special characters the problem? I can't explain it so far. Thank you very much!
I am also willing to introduce new custom fields to split the summary and make it searchable, but I need to know the reason where the problem lies.
Thank you so much!