This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to make JIRA applications fields required in a workflow transition
I created a Workflow like the standard JIRA Workflow. When an issue gets resolved, I want to require that the Resolution field is set. I do not want to require this for other transitions. In my Workflow, I went to the two transitions that go to Resolved, and added a Validator that made the Resolution field required. I did not add a Validator to any other Transition.
After that, I went to an issue and did "Start Progress" (this Transition is from Open to In Progress), and it brought up the Edit Item screen, as expected. I made some changes, left the Resolution field unselected, and tried to save, but it showed an error that said the Resolution field is required. I do not understand why it says the field is required. I expected that it would only be required during one of the transitions to Resolved. Any idea what I should do?
Will