In project settings I added all roles when work is created yet the watchers do not receive an email. They receive an email only when a comment is left.
Hey @mrane ,
Just to be sure: are the people who should receive the email already added as watchers on issue creation?
Perhaps there's an interference with personal notification settings here?
Have you checked the Project email audit within the project setting already (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-a-project/#Notifications)?
Search by email address or user name to check any undelivered project work item notifications from the past 21 days. Use the filter to display emails based on their delivery status.
Regards,Thorsten
Hi @Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
I searched using the emails of watchers in Project Email Audit and none of them had any blocked emails.
Are you affected as well? If so, could you please verify your personal notification settings? (%yourSite%/jira/settings/personal/notifications)
Yes, I am
Hi @mrane - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
How are the Watchers being added?
Hi @mrane
In Jira Cloud there are 3 levels of notification configuration.
First: notification scheme
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-notifications-in-team-managed-projects/
Verify if the watchers are configured in created issue event
Second: User Default Settings
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-the-user-default-settings/
Verify if the autowatch and notify users are enabled.
Third: User Personal Settings.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-your-jira-personal-settings/
The user could disable notifications.
Besides that, if anyone using your domain aren't receiving any notification or email from Atlassian, it could be a restriction in your email provider or your domain could be in a black list.
I hope help you.
I performed all the 3 checks, and I do not get emails.
They are being added using API call. I tried adding them manually as well still did not send an email
They are being added when you create the ticket? Or after the ticket is created?
After the ticket is created
Are you receiving any Atlassian notification?
Could you check if you email provider has any kind of block or if your email domain in a Atlassian black list.
Also, based on your licensing plan(standard or free plan) there is a limit of how many email notifications your site could sent per day. And it could be blocked by Atlassian.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-email-notifications/
Regards.
We are using premium licensing plan.I am receiving emails from jira@whatever.atlassian.com. I also get emails when someone comments on the ticket. No chance of being blacklisted.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.