I have scenario in Jira Cloud:
One issue can have single or multiple components. I would like to leave one automated comment in issue with text related to different components. For this I tried these solutions, but none is working, and I have no idea why. I appreciate any help.
Solution 1:
- Created lookup table with components as keys and text as value.
- Smart value used:
{{#issue.components}}
{{name}} - {{customLookupTable.get(name)}}
{{/issue.components}} This solution returns only name, not text related. (I debugged and when used outside of smart value list, this returns proper text for specific component name.
Solution 2:
- Lookup table created.
- Used for each

variable componento = {{issue.components.name}}
I added Delay and Refetch, because of frustration. It didn't help to solve problem; it behaves same way all the time.
Result with current setup:

Seems like automation is remember always only the original status of the field I try to update. I demonstrated this on random field as it is possible to see in History of issue what happened (it is not obvious for comments).
Solution 3
This is just a possible solution I don't want to use. I can comment separately. However in same cases this means automation will leave several comments and it is not desired output.