I got this answer from ROVO but when I insert my base URL in this I get a 404 <BASE_URL>/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
To enable the pin comment feature in Jira Cloud, the Jira administrator needs to ensure that the feature is not disabled via a dark feature flag. Here are the steps to enable it:
- Check for Dark Feature Flag:
- Navigate to the dark features management page by going to
<BASE_URL>/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa. - Look for the feature flag
com.atlassian.jira.pin.comments.disabled. - If this flag is present, it means the pin comment feature is disabled.
- Enable the Feature:
- To enable the pin comment feature, remove the
com.atlassian.jira.pin.comments.disabled flag if it exists. - If the flag is not present, the feature should already be enabled by default.
- Permissions:
- Ensure that users have the "Edit Issue" permission in the project where they need to pin comments 1.
This feature is available for Jira Software Projects and not for Jira Service Management (JSM) projects 1.