We have several documents and each document refers to several assets. It would not be a good idea to upload each document as an attachment to the assets, that would be quite tedious.
So do you have any ideas on how to solve this?
Create a "document" object type, create a "document" object, upload the document to the applicable "document" object. For each object type that will be referenced by a document, add an attribute that references the "document" object type. For each asset, set the value of the new "documents" attribute field to the applicable "document" asset.
Do you think I should upload the document in the attachments? Because there is no attribute where you can store documents.
Yes, I would upload the document to the attachments of the applicable "document" object.
I also suggest adding some additional attributes to the "document" object type that would be useful in searching/filtering/sorting/etc the "document" objects. Here's some ideas off the top of my head (with my thoughts in italics)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.