Hy everyone,
I’d like to hear your thoughts on Teams in Atlassian products, especially when it comes to handling teams as data (e.g., using them in fields or as values).
Recently, I worked on a solution for a client who really liked the Teams concept in Jira. However, we ran into several limitations, mostly related to scalability and functionality.
For example, we wanted to create an automation that would trigger actions based on the team a user belongs to. But this turned out to be impossible, since teams can’t be referenced the same way as groups or project roles. There’s no native support for accessing team data across the platform. Of course, if you’re using ScriptRunner or JMWE, you can work around it using the team ID, but if we stick to native Jira features, using teams feels more like a pain than a solution.
Why do we have a functionality that cannot be referenced across products? Is it really just to add people and assign to issues?
I was disappointed to see that there’s no indication Atlassian plans to improve this in the near future.
What’s your experience with Teams so far?