Hello,
I'm migrating from Azure DevOps to JIRA Cloud and noticed an important difference in default fields.
What I've found: In Azure DevOps, there are two separate default fields:
- Priority (for prioritization)
- Severity (for impact assessment)
In JIRA, I can see there's a default Priority field, but I cannot find a default Severity field.
My specific question: Does JIRA have a built-in/default Severity field separate from Priority, or is Priority the only default field for this purpose?
In our Azure DevOps setup:
- Priority: Determines work order (P0, P1, P2, P3)
- Severity: Indicates impact level (Critical, High, Medium, Low)
These serve different purposes and we track them separately.
What I need to know:
- Is there a hidden or less common default Severity field in JIRA that I'm missing?
- If not, is the best practice to create a custom field for Severity?
- How do other teams handle this Priority vs Severity distinction in JIRA?
Would appreciate insights from anyone who's handled similar Azure DevOps to JIRA migrations!
Thanks!