I have a table with many rows. A certain column (say, column 3) will be populated with strings. There will only be a certain number of distinct strings -- for the sake of numbers, let's say 7 -- so lots of repeats. I want a reference table with a column containing those 7 strings, which is easy enough. And I want something in my main table, a macro maybe, that lets me populate each cell in column 3 with a string from the reference table. (Obviously, I need to tell it which string for each cell.) If I need to update any string, I'd only have to edit it in reference table. All other instances in main table would auto-update on publication.
How can I do this? Not a link. I want ref strings to appear directly in main table, col 3. Technically Quote macro works, but it's ugly. I've scoured Confluence documentation, but found nothing.
Thanks in advance.
Aram