In our project there is a custom field called "pid: email".
We filter issues by their values in this field in order to retrieve the stories associated to a specific email.
This appears to return incorrect results when the email domain contains dashes. Specifically, when the email domain contains dashes, it looks like the filter will return all matches across the email domain, not just for the particular email.
In our STAGE project, I'm using the following JQL search string:
project = STAGE AND "pid: email[short text]" ~ "test123@domain-with-dash.example.com" ORDER BY Rank ASC
And this returns 2 issues:
* STAGE-179 which has a "pid: email" value of test123@domain-with-dash.example.com (expected)
* STAGE-193 which has a "pid: email" value of something@domain-with-dash.example.com (not expected)
I understand that the "~" operator is not an exact equal match, but I was not expecting that "something@domain-with-dash.example.com" would have matched my search value of "test123@domain-with-dash.example.com".
Can we write this jql search differently to achieve what we want (finding the first issue but not the second)? Or is this a bug in the Jira filtering mechanism?