I am working on changes for a customers Jira project where they have asked to show only tickets related to the items they are working daily. For this they requested their own Kanban board within the established project.
To filter this board, I created an Epic that they can attach their tickets to. This works as desired. They have a requirement that these tickets be filtered out from the main project board when desired. The main board filter is currently configured with the following filter:
- project = "cool project" AND issuetype = Story
I have created the following quick filter on the main board to show only tickets with the epic from the other board.
- epic link = "Cool Epic-1234" This quick filter works as desired.
My problem comes when I try to create a quick filter that will still display all tickets on the main board except for those with the "Cool Epic-1234" link. I started with epic link != "Cool Epic-1234" and have tried many variations to filter out only that epic. Every way I think of eliminates all stories. I have tried some of the following variations in issue navigator and get no results.
- epic link != "Cool Epic-1234 AND project = "cool project" AND (issuetype = story)
- This seems to work until I add the last argument and lose all results
- project = "cool project" AND issuetype = story AND (epic link != "Cool Epic-1234
- project = "cool project" AND issuetype = Story AND issuefunction not in epicsOf("'epic link' = Cool Epic-1234")
- This one returns tickets I would expect but doesn't remove the tickets with the cool epic link
Any help is greatly appreciated. I feel like this shouldn't be difficult and I'm missing one small detail or there is something off in the project I haven't found yet.