I'm lost in where to begin. I have two custom fields that I would like to show on the work item in the backlog listing and board card. How to do that?
Hi @Zoran
Step 1: Customise the Issue Screen by Adding FieldsVerify that the fields appear on the problem screens that your board uses.
Navigate to Issues → Screens in Jira Settings.
Locate the screen layout that corresponds to the type of issue and your project.
Make sure the Edit/View/Create screens have your custom fields added.
Even if specified, the fields won't appear on the board, card, or backlog if they aren't visible on the screen.
Step 2: Configure the board card layout (board view) in step two.Proceed to your Agile board (Kanban or Scrum).
In the upper right corner, click the three-dot menu (⋯).
Choose the Board settings.
On the left, select "Card layout."
Go to "Active sprints" and "Backlog" and add your custom fields.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the fast reply. I can not find the navigation option Issues > Screens. I'm new to this. My UI seems totally different from what we have at work, so I can't even tell you what "rolled out version" I have.
I have "work" as new term.
Please use this link as a reference.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-your-view-of-the-board-and-backlog/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.