Hi,
we are aggregating and analysing server logs with graylog. Now we like to create jira issues for certain events.
We like to solve this using oAuth2 access via the developer console following this instructions: https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/how-to-use-oauth20-in-postman-client-for-jira-cloud-apis/
Authorisation already works
But i have trouble putting the request URL together. In step 3 the documentation tells me to use a site id for the xxx in the request URL. I don't know what the site id is. I tried than using the app id from the oauth app i created in the developer console. This didn't work.
My Request Example:
I substituted the xxx with the app id, as i dont know yet what a site id is.
curl --location 'https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/rest/api/2/project' \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: ••••••'
The response
{
"timestamp": "2025-05-13T08:41:24.618827397Z",
"status": 404,
"error": "Not Found",
"message": "No message available",
"path": "/ex/jira/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/rest/api/2/project"
}Permissions
classic scope
- read:jira-work
- manage:jira-project
- write:jira-work
granular scope
- read:issue:jira
- write:issue:jira
- read:project:jira
- write:project:jira
- read:issue:jira-software
- write:issue:jira-software