I can't add the "security level" field to the list view, issue editor view, or any other view in Jira cloud. When I edit an issue and click 'configure' and search for the 'security level' field, I don't get any result.
"Security Level" was in the screens I had defined for the project, however the permission to set security level was not associated with any user in the project so it wasn't showing when I visited the screen. To edit the permission I went to Project Settings>Permissions>Set Issue Security and updated the permission to the group I wanted to have access.
Hello @Nat Yee
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What type of project are you trying to modify? Get the project Type information from the Type column on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
That field applies only to Company Managed projects.
Team Managed projects use a different issue security implementation as described here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-up-issue-types-in-team-managed-projects/#Setupissuetypesinnextgenprojects-restrictIssueTypesRestrictaccesstoanissuetypeinyourteam-managedsoftwareproject
Hi @Trudy P Claspill the project I am trying to modify is a "Company-managed business" project type. Thanks!
To be a bit more specific, I am trying to add the 'security level' field to the work item layout.
I solved it. "Security Level" was in the screens I had defined for the project, however the permission to set security level was not associated with any user in the project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.