I have a small script that aims to group issues into a released version. I verified that it works with an unscoped token, and I wish to improve it by using a limited scope, as I plan to integrate it into a CI script.
Unfortunately, after a few attempts, I can't figure out which scope I need to use to execute the API calls. I wish there were a more straightforward way to access documentation that includes a list of API methods and the corresponding token scopes they require.
Here is what I want to run with the Python JIRA wrapper:
jira = JIRA(server="https://custom.atlassian.net", basic_auth=(jira_username, jira_api_token))
issues = jira.search_issues(SEARCH_QUERY, maxResults=False)
version = jira.create_version(name=get_new_jira_version_name(), project="PAX", description="")
for issue in issues:
issue.update(fields=dict(fixVersions=[{"id": version.id}]))
jira.transition_issue(issue, '131')
I have tried the following scopes:
delete:project-version:jiraread:project-version:jirawrite:project-version:jiraread:jira-workwrite:jira-work
However, I still receive the following error message:
{"errorMessages":["Field 'fixVersion' does not exist or this field cannot be viewed by anonymous users.","The value 'PAX' does not exist for the field 'project'."],"warningMessages":[]}