Hi everyone,
I feel like this is a striaghtforward answer but despite feeling relatively experienced in Jira, I cannot seem to figrue this one out.
Main goal:
1) Have only Epics display on a certain board, and hide all Tasks that are nested under an EPIC
Because I was having trouble with this, I switched to a method where:
2) I would change all tasks to sub-tasks and all Epics to tasks, as an attempt for a workaround.
However, which I go to change the issue type I am only given "Task" and not "sub task"
This board is on a default scheme/screen. I have noticed on other boards I am able to change issue types but it appears to be only within the same hierarchy. As in, I cannot change a task to an Epic but I can change a task to a Bug.
Wondering if there is a clarification on whether this is intended behavior for #2 and if there is an elegant solution that doesnt involve a filter for #1