Hi,
I am trying to add original estimate and remaining estimate as 48h which is equivalent to 3 story points.This value is getting converted to 1w1d. I m doing this in the planning mode while story is in the backlog.Please suggest.
What do you mean "add estimates together" and "equivalent to"? What calculated field are you using, what is the mathematics you have entered to try do this, and most importantly, what is the actual mathematics you are really aiming for?
Under Settings->System->Time Tracking you can configure the manner in which estimates are displayed... you are currently seeing the "pretty" option, which is converting your 48h into 6 working days, or 1 week and 1 day. You can play with all of the options under Time Tracking to get it to work the way you want. Personally I usually just keep everything in hours.
I think the problem here is we don't know what Jobin is calculating or expecting it to do - there's certainly no relationship between story points and time built into Jira, so that needs explaining as well as the expectations!
So our process is such that
1 story pt = 16 hrs
1 working day = 8 hrs
If we plan for a story for 3 story points the original estimate for time tracking should be 48 hours
We have a 6 working day per week in our organisation which I have added to jira.
48hr should show up as 6 days or 1w instead of 1w1d.
This is the first thing. Secondly i would like to keep every thing in hours. Is there a way to do that?
Thanks in advance and let me know if any more explainations are required.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.