Environment
What I’m Trying to Do
When a sub-task with two Assets fields: Employee (customfield_10661) and Applications (customfield_10629) is transitioned to Done, automatically append that Application to the Employee’s Applications attribute in our Assets schema. I don't want to overwrite the existing data in the Applications field.
What I’ve Tried
Jira Automation + AQL Lookup Objects
• Trigger: Issue transitioned to Done (sub-task)
• Lookup Objects (Assets) action with AQL:
objectType = Employees AND Key = "{{issue.customfield_10661.key}}"
• Branch: attempted both “For each: {{lookupObjects}}” and “Branch: Related work items,” but neither scoped correctly to the CMDB object (errors like “No work items found so the rule didn’t run” or “CMDB object not found”).
• Edit object attributes action failed because the branch wasn’t recognized as an Assets object branch.
Screenshot

What’s the correct way to branch and then Edit object attributes inside a Jira Automation rule using lookupObjects that will not overwrite existing data, but instead append it?
Thanks,
Fabio