I don't see story point estimation in the board even if everityn is correctly set
Hi @Daniele Spitaletta
I think your issue is which fields you're using.
From the images you've provided, I can see that you have both Story Points and Story Point Estimate on the work item
From Atlassian's point of view, they are used for different purposes:
Your estimation type is set up to use Story Points as per the settings image, but you've got Story Point Estimate showing on your backlog.
What you need to do is to only use Story Points for your estimation and remove Story Point Estimate from the work item (after updating Story Point with the value in Story Point Estimate)
Ciao, thx let me try ...
@Stephen_Lugton I have changed it but I'm not able to see it yet.
HI @Daniele Spitaletta
It looks like you've got a new field Story Point with dropdown options, what you need to be using is the default Story Points field.
Note: you could instead change the estimation type in your settings to the custom field Story Point, but they way it appears in the backlog (To Do)(In Progress)(Done) points won't look like that
Hi @Daniele Spitaletta If I am not mistaken the badge with the "-" inside - is your story points field from your "backlog issue card":
On mouseOver - it will show a Tooltip like this:
On click - it will allow you to edit like this:
Let me know if it helps!Tip: You can now (with the right tool) run your planning meeting from the Jira backlog - with One Click and get right into estimation without any setup at all. Just to be clear, I build the tool and work for the company - Smart Guess ehf.
hi sorry for that @Stephen_Lugton but before I told me "that Story Point with dropdown options, what you need to be using is the default Story Points field."What you see as "story point" is what i have created "Story Point with dropdown", which I have deleted as previusly suggested. In the dafault story point there not any default Story Points field.Pls check default fields image.
@Daniele Spitaletta - you got the story point field setup correctly. I say this because you have already placed the field on your screen:
The reason why you cant find the field - is because there isn't another field starting with "sto" in your project.From your screenshot I can also see you havent assigned any story point value to a single issue.
To set the story point field from the backlog follow these steps
1. Click the story point field
2. Enter a value and click ✅
3. This is what you will get:
You can also edit the story point value from the backlog - issue panel. You do this by open the issue in the backlog (by clicking the - backlog item) and edit it's story point under the details panel: (check out the video below - to see how this is done)
The field name in your project is either "Story points" or "Story point estimates" depending on if you are using a Team- or a Company- managed project.To run your planning poker session from the backlog you can use tool like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp7hnjHdmKM&t=6s
Hope this helps!
@Björn Brynjar - Smart Guess Hi thanks for support,
I m not able to add, edit story point value from the backlog see image pls. I have assigned any story point to a single issue.It's a "mistero"!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.