I am currently working on automating various processes in Jira and have encountered a challenge that I believe many of you might have faced as well. On almost every automation, I would like to log more meaningful messages, such as status codes and messages, whether they indicate an error or success. This would greatly help in debugging and understanding each step of the automation.
This will help in identifying where things might be going wrong or confirming that everything is working as expected as well as serving as a documentation of the rule.
Alas, With more detailed logs, I aim to make the debugging process more efficient. Understanding the exact point of failure or success in the automation will save a lot of time and effort.
So, here are my question:
- Has anyone implemented a similar logging mechanism in their Jira automations?
- Are there any best practices or tools that you would recommend for achieving this?
- How can I configure Jira to log these detailed messages for each step of the automation?
Any insights, examples, or resources you could share would be immensely helpful. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Best regards,
Filipe De Lima