Hi,
I am using "/rest/api/3/users/search" API to fetch all Jira Cloud Users. However I also want to know the organization Id which they belong to. Is there any API which I can use to fetch Organization Id for a cloud user?
Thanks
HI @Tulika
Welcome to the community.
JSM organisation, or the ID of the Cloud instance?
The Cloud instance ID can only be seen via the Atlassian API, see; retrieve-my-atlassian-cloud-organization-s-id
Hi @Tulika
The search user API doesn't say which organization the user belongs to, and the documentation doesn't mention anything related to it.
The only way we can easily get that is by using the admin.atlassian URL:
https://admin.atlassian.com/o/orgidhere/users/useridhere
Regards - Aaron
Let me try to explain you my requirement.I want to create a url which I can use to directly browse user details in JIRA Cloud App using browser. For this I will need both accountId and Organization Id. I can get Account Id using the above mentioned rest end point. But I am not getting how to get org id.
Please note: I have implemented the same functionality for Jira DataCenter. And constructing the URL there is pretty straight forward.{jira datacenter base url}/secure/admin/user/ViewUser.jspa?name={user name}
This is not possible in Cloud, this as the API on Cloud does not allow this.
Cloud differs based on security on many levels with DC, on API.
Thanks for the clarification.
Exactly, I want to construct this same url like "https://admin.atlassian.com/o/orgidhere/users/useridhere" in my implementation. I have the userid which I get using the "/rest/api/3/users/search" end point.
But I am not getting the orgid for the user to construct the URL. I want to get the associated orgid using some rest end point.
Thanks.
As I mentioned above this is ho to get the org id, but it is not possible to combine this information in a single API call.
The information is from different API endpoints.
Above link tells how to fetch CloudID using rest end point. I do not see any end point to fetch Org Id of a user. It describes some manual steps to fetch org id by visiting admin.atlassian.com
I might found the API that probably can get some more information, see; https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/admin/organization/rest/intro/#about
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.