I have created a new work type called “Feature.” I would like to add child work items to the existing tasks in my backlog. Additionally, I need to maintain the following work‑type hierarchy:
Epic
Feature
Task
Sub task
Bug
Hi @Thanuja Gunasekara , you can only add subtasks as a child to a work item that is equivalent to a task level.
jira standard provides: Epic > Story/Task/Feature (if created) > subtask
jira premium provides: Program > Initiative > Epic > Story/Task > subtask
HI @Thanuja Gunasekara
Welcome to the community.
Then you should rename the Epic to Feature and rename Feature to Epic and then adjust the hierarchy.
This will mean that you can't add child feature to an Epic as this is no called Feature.
Thank you for your response.
I need to maintain hierarchy levels in the project as follows:
Hi @Thanuja Gunasekara
This can be done, see my previous comment.
Rename the Epic issue to Feature, then you can use the options from Epic on the Feature level.
Create a new issue type or re-name the Feature Issue type to Epic and adjust the work item hierarchy, add a level above Feature and add the Epic issue type to this level.
I can only create sub tasks under features; I’m not able to create child tasks. Please refer the screenshot.
Also, the feature task doesn’t have a parent field to set the parent task details.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.