Hi everyone,
I’m working in a Company-Managed Scrum project in JIRA Cloud and am trying to create an automation rule that adds a comment when an issue is moved to the “Blocked” status. However, I’m running into two issues:
In my automation rule setup, I only see Work Type transitioned instead of the standard Issue transitioned trigger.
Is this normal for company-managed projects, or is this a sign that my project is using a restricted template or renamed UI?
I’m unable to find the “Add comment” action in the list of available actions. Instead, I only see a “Comment added” trigger, which isn’t what I need.
I want to automatically post a comment when the issue transitions to “Blocked”, asking the assignee to fill out a custom field (Blocked Reason). But the inability to select “Add comment” is blocking that.
The project is Company-Managed, not Team-Managed.
I have full project admin access.
The custom field (Blocked Reason) is present and added to the right screens.
This is being done via Project Settings → Automation, not global automation.
What I Need Help With:
Why am I seeing Work Type transitioned instead of Issue transitioned?
How can I enable or restore the “Add comment” action in project automation?
Is this a permissions/configuration issue, or is my automation UI restricted by a custom project template?
Thanks in advance for any guidance!