Hello, I have created a custom "Person" field for our Jira issues called "Validated by". the purpose is to track who validated the issue as it transitions through our steps. The problem is that when I use a Rule in the workflow to try to automatically update that field to the current user it does not work.
What I want is that the user transitions the issue from the "ready for validation" state to the "in validation" state, the current user needs to be assigned as the assignee (This works) and their user needs to be assigned to the "Validated by" field in the issue. Due to a few reasons, the Assignee field is not good enough.
No matter what form of the rule I try, nothing works. I've tried updating the field, copying the value of the assignee to the field, breaking this into two different transitions even. Nothing works. I have noticed that no matter what I do, the Validated by field always accepts multiple users even though I very clearly clicked the check box for it to be restricted to a single user. Is this bugged?
Any assistance would be appreciated.