I follow as a watcher a lot of Jira tickets that I am not always the reporter or assignee for.
To keep updated about changes in those ticket descriptions or comments added or priority changes etc. etc. so I can react immediately if that is necessary or required.
And for tickets that are closed, since the problem has been solved so it needs no further action from my side, I can then delete or archive the email folder I had in Outlook for that ticket in which I keep all emails related to a ticket (from Jira or people mailing me about it directly).
Now we are coming to the problem I encounter already for some time.
Sometimes someone changes (manually or via the bulk change) multiple open & closed tickets. For instance an update to labels or priority or title or epic/parent links for instance.
With already closed tickets in the past I could see in the update email immediately that it was an update for a closed ticket by showing the status in the update mail. So I could delete that mail and forget about it.
Since some time, already from before we moved to the cloud version of Jira, update mails do not show the status of a ticket anymore.
Only when the status is changed, then that status change is shown in the update mail.
Which means I now have to open every ticket for which I get an update mail to see if is still an active ticket or a closed one. And so it takes me minutes instead of seconds to decide what to do with an update mail. (Imagine getting dozens of update mails a day...)
Is it possible to add the status of a ticket in every update mail again??