Hello,
I'm currently trying to build a report to illustrate the total investment within our various product lines through time. As all of our teams are working off of the same backlog I can easily get all the issues listed alongside their effort evaluation in terms of story points. Here's where it gets tricky :
We use the field "story points" in our Jira issues to calculate the sprint capacity, but if issues carry over from one sprint to the other, certain teams review the story points associated to reflect the remaining work within the sprint while others don't. This creates a problem when trying to evaluate the total amount of work carried out over time because larger stories have a higher chance of slipping between two sprint, therefore reducing their size.
I currently have 442 issues that have slipped between sprints over the past 7 years and what I'd like to know is if there is a way to extract the list of issues with their original story point. I can manually extract the data for each record by looking at the history of each story and finding the entry which says "[Some user] updated the Story Points [Date] at [Time] none -> [number]", but doing this manually for 442 records is not very efficient.
Anybody has any creative idea on how to solve this problem?