Hi everybody....
I did what was explained in this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Log-time-modal-pop-up-when-moving-task-between-columns/qaq-p/2136829
But unfortunately adding the LogWork field didnt do what I expected: it shows a text input field. I was expecting to be able to enter the Time Tracking.
So I removed that field and added the TimeTracking field. When doing so, the popUpModal asks for the Original estimate and the Remaining estimate. That doesnt do the trick either.
I was hopping to have the Time tracking input field as in the card.
Thank you!!! I would appreciate any help!
Hi @Lara Lutufyan,
Just to make sure I understand what might have gone wrong, I just followed the steps described in the post you mentioned.
When I test the result, I get this dialog:
Okay, the fields time spent and time remaining are arranged differently than in the screenshot you shared, but those seem to be the exact fields you need, no?
Just to be sure you selected the correct field: Log Work is written in 2 separate words with a space in between. So make sure you are selecting that field ...
Hope this helps!
Hello @Lara Lutufyan ,Seems you've both 'Log Work' and 'Time tracking'.Log Work:- Time Spent- Date Started- Adjust remaining estimateTime Tracking:
- Original Estimate only. If you're moving to DONE, then LOG Work should be added, Original estimate is for initial process only.
thank you @Piyush Annadate _ACE Pune_ !!
Thank you very much @Walter Buggenhout
One other question, if I may: I have added a validator that makes it mandatory to have the TimeSpent entered when moving a card to the done state. This is the one:
And now when I move it to the done state, the following error message pops up (the one I configured) even if I enter TimeSpent and/or TimeRemaing.
Do you know what I am doing wrong?
Yes, @Lara Lutufyan. You have added a validator that makes the Sum of time spent required, while you should validate the regular Time Spent field instead.
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, @Walter Buggenhout !!!!!!!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.