Hi community,
I'm trying to create a filter that returns the parent of the parent of a generic issue or work item, depending on the terminology used.
At the moment, I have thought of two approaches:
Populate a custom field "grandparent" using a Script Listener.
Use Enhanced Search leveraging the parentOf() function. However, I have some doubts about this second option:
Regarding the second parameter of the parentOf() function: it seems you should specify the degree of parentage, but the only available option appears to be all (even after performing a full reindex). Could you please explain better how this parameter works?
If I save the filter and share it with other users, will the query remain editable? I would like to know if it is possible to dynamically change the issuekey in the query to search for the "grandparent" of other issues, without having to create a new filter each time.
Thanks in advance for your help!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ciao community,
sto cercando di creare un filtro che restituisca il parent del parent di una generica issue o work item, a seconda della terminologia utilizzata.
Al momento ho pensato a due approcci:
Popolare un custom field "grandparent" tramite uno Script Listener.
Utilizzare Enhanced Search sfruttando la funzione parentOf(). Su questa seconda possibilità però ho alcuni dubbi:
Riguardo il secondo parametro della funzione parentOf(): si dovrebbe specificare il grado di parentela, ma sembra che l'unica opzione disponibile sia all (nonostante io abbia effettuato la sincronizzazione completa). Potete spiegarmi meglio il funzionamento di questo parametro?
Se salvo il filtro e lo condivido con altri utenti, la query rimane modificabile? Mi interessa sapere se è possibile sostituire dinamicamente l'issuekey nella query per cercare i "grandparent" di altre issue, senza dover creare ogni volta un nuovo filtro.
Grazie in anticipo per l'aiuto!