I want to create Jira alert when an issue is created AND the work type is [System] Incident OR General Request. Is there a way to do this? I can't seem to figure it out.
Thank you!
Hi @Natalie Franklin
I think you can create an alert rule to for each work type
I haven't really used syncs yet but that seems to be the way to set that up. An alternative I've used for incident alerting using the email integration and I use automation from the JSM project to send an email to the Operations team which allows me to use the IF conditions which are a little more familiar to me.
@Natalie Franklin -
Can you provide a bit more background how your issue is created in your JSM project where work type is set to [System] Incident / General Request? I am assuming the issues are created in the traditional way where customers use Portal UI to generate them.
Please advise, so we can assist better.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
For [System] Incident they are created via the portal - for General Request they are created via email - and I would like to have an alert trigger for just those 2 work types. I also have Task, subtask and Epic - I don't want an alert triggering for those work types.
100% - I didn't expect it to be this simple... I figured I would need some crazy script. Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.