When I add a link to a heading in one page into a second page, upon saving, the URL is changed such that when I subsequently click the link in the second page, I am directed to the first page, but not the heading that I linked to.
For example, I have Page 1 with a heading 'Do a thing'. Then I copy the link (by clicking on the copy link icon) and add a link on Page 2 to the 'Do A thing' heading, using ctrl+k . The copied URL from page 1 is of the form:
https://<company-name>.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/<space-name>/pages/<page1-id-number>/<page1-title>#<heading-that-I-linked-to>
BUT when I save the document, the URL gets modified to remove the page title as follows:
https://<company-name>.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/<space-name>/pages/<page1-id-number>#<heading-that-I-linked-to>
Clicking on the link in page 2 correctly navigates to Page 1, but not the heading that was linked to
This is a recent bug. We have tons of links to headings in other pages across numerous pages and spaces, and those that predate this bug still work just fine in navigating to the linked heading. It's when we try to add new links that something breaks. I confirmed this by adding a duplicate of a pre-existing link, and the newly added link does not work correctly, but the pre-existing one does. And they both link to the same heading.
I have tried different browsers to no avail