My organization currently manages roughly 20 different statuses within the 'Done' category, spread across hundreds of workflows and many Jira projects. Each of these statuses logically corresponds to specific resolutions. For example, every workflow that includes a "Delivered" status should automatically assign the resolution "Done" when a ticket transitions to that status.
According to Atlassian's documentation, there seem to be two approaches for configuring ticket resolutions:
Manually configure the resolution setting within each workflow individually.
Require users to manually select a resolution when transitioning tickets.
Ideally, I'd like a central location or global configuration where I can define and manage these status-to-resolution relationships just once, rather than repeatedly configuring this for every new workflow.
Is there an existing Jira feature, marketplace app, or workaround that can centrally manage these mappings? Is managing these mappings centrally considered best practice, or are we unintentionally deviating from Jira's recommended workflow management approach?
I'd greatly appreciate insights or experiences from others who've addressed similar challenges.