Hello everyone,
I’m currently facing an issue while trying to interact with the Confluence Server API using a GET request.
I’ve found examples in the documentation that describe authentication for Confluence Cloud, where they use an API Token and Bearer authentication. However, I am working with a Confluence Server instance (self-hosted), and I haven't found any examples that directly apply to my case. Does the Basic Auth method (using my email and password) still work, or do I need to use a different kind of token?
I’ve already tried using API tokens in my GET requests, but I keep receiving 403 (Unauthorized) or 404 (Not Found) errors, indicating that the resource is not accessible.
Could someone clarify:
The correct authentication method for Confluence Server (email/password vs token)?
The difference in API URL structure between Cloud and Server instances?
How to check if my user has the necessary permissions to access the API?
Thanks in advance for your help!