Hello! I wounder is it possible to configure sub-task Index generator so when I create a sub-task it will generate like that:[KEY-2] Main Task [KEY-2.1] Sub-task 1 [KEY-2.1] Sub-task 2 [KEY-2.3] Sub-task 3 [KEY-2.4] Sub-task 4AND NOT:[KEY-2] Main Task [KEY-3] Sub-task 1 [KEY-4] Sub-task 2 [KEY-5] Sub-task 3 [KEY-6] Sub-task 4How there is an option to configure that!Thanks in advance for answering that question!
Hello Nazar,
As far as I know, it is not possible to customize keys in native Jira. Perhaps it's possible using a plugin?
Alternatively, one solution would be to manage the key change not for sub-tickets but rather in the summary. Using automation, you could add the key of the parent ticket and then increment as the sub-tickets are created.
@Nazar Dunas Hi, and welcome to the Atlassian Community
As @Melbrin NGOUILOU stated, this is not possible. Moreover, it would mean finding the parent's children and determine the next index to use prior to actually creating the new sub-task. This puts an extra drag on UX performance, just to make it pretty.
Kind regards,Dick
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.