I have copied the CSS formatting and modified it for space PDF exports in order to deliver content to clients and I've gotten ALL of the changes need to take except for ONE...and that is, for some reason, no matter how I choose to export the content to PDF, it inserts, BELOW the footer, a page number. Nothing I do, and nothing I change in the CSS stops this. We are in effect, exporting the content in PDF format because the client has an older on-prem version of Confluence a number of major versions back, and this is the only way we can put our content on their Confluence instance.
Also, I've noticed that when I do the PDF export, all the hyperlinks attempt to bring folks BACK to our Confluence space links. I'd prefer if the links actually referred to the PDF content.
This is a pretty common pattern I'd think, for publishing content developed for a client to them in a common format (PDF).