I have a custom field "Projected Completion Date" and I am trying to use a smart value to generate this date from the following inputs:
- Start Date (Audit log shows this value is a proper date value "2025-04-17)"
- Total Hours Needed
- Weekly Hours Available
I have created a variable (AdditionalDays) that calculates the number of days needed based on Total Hours Needed/ Weekly Hours Available * 7 - this give me the number of additional days needed. Audit log shows this value is correctly generated.
I am then trying to add this value to the Start date to give me the Projected Completion Date.
I have tried various iterations using the .plusDays method but I get an error of "Unable to render smart values when executing this rule:" An example of one of my attempts: {{issue.fields.Date Started.jiraDate.plusDays({{AdditionalDays}})}}
Does anyone know the correct syntax to get this rule to work.
I can provide screen shots if needed but the situation is pretty straight forward in its description.