Hi All.
Our company is in the outsourcing business, supporting over a hundred clients.
I'm now looking for a new internal approach on customer documentation such as operational manuals, technical configurations etc.
We're allready using confluence for internal documents and WINs. The idea would be, to use confluence also for customer documentation, since our staff is already familiar with confluence (and also with the Breeze DMS Plugin installed). It would have many advantages going down that road.
However, GDPR compliance, confidentiallity and access security topics are currently the main killer for that approach. Our internal IT department did an evaluation years ago and came to the conclusion, that Confluence can't be configured in such a way, that our clients can be fully separated from each other (even with separate spaces) to ensure data protection and confidentiallity. That was years ago, and I'm hopeful that this may have changed in the meantime, so that I can challenge our IT to take another potential look into such a migration.
The following requirements are a given must:
- Each of our customers must be configured in a separate space (check)
- That space must be accessible for ...
- our internal customer support teams (restricted)
- For registered (restricted) customer personell (external)
- As for confidentiality reasons and GDPR compliance, it is absolutely essential, that no customer can neither see nor access information on other customer spaces, which includes that they can't see ...
- any other spaces configured in our confluence setup: they can only see and access their own space
- any users assigned to other spaces (no names, emails, whatsoever)
In order to go ahead and initiate another internal assessment on the use of confluence for that purpose, I would need a statement from confluence that the stated requirements can be fullfilled.
Note: I'm not a confluence specialist, I'm only a (power) user which also happens to be responsible for internal Service Improvement. So please forgive me if I may ask things that may be obvious to the confluence specialists out there ;-)
Looking forward on qualified feedback on this topic.
Thanks in advance. Pat