Screenshot explains my issue pretty well. Why are there no epics shown in the epic panel even though I do have epics?
Hello @Yme van der Linden
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What type of project is the VC project? You can get that information from the Type column in the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
What is the Status of each Epic work items? Epics will not show in the panel if they have a status in the Done Status Category. Statuses in the Done Status Category display as a green (vs. blue or gray) Status lozenge. Example:
The text on the lozenge may say "Done" or "Closed" or anything at all. Displaying as the color green is what indicates the status is part of the "Done" status category.
Another possibility is that the board is based on a filter that does not include the Epic work items.
Hi,
Thank you for the quick response! I don't think any of the epics has a 'done' status category. In fact, they don't seem to have a category at all:
None of the epics are done. The type of the project is:
The board that I made a screenshot of is indeed the 'default' board. Do I have to create a new kind of board to be able to filter on epics?
Thank you for the additional information.
All work items have a status, which is included in a Status Category. When viewing the item details you will see the Status in a colored lozenge on the right above the Details panel.
If the Epics don't show a green lozenge there, then generally they should be displayed in the Epics panel in a Team Managed Software project. You should not have to create any additional boards.
If the lozenges are not green, but are instead gray or blue, let us confirm that you are not experiencing a browser caching issue. Try viewing the same page in a private browser window.
Also, check if other users are experiencing the same issue when they view the same backlog.
All my epics have a To Do/in progress status; like screenshot shown below:
Issue persists in another browser/in a private window of same browser. I will check one of my colleagues does also experience the problem.
Hi @Yme van der Linden
I was not able to find a clear cause for this behavior. So I created a support ticket on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-1127448
Andy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.