Hello team,
I’m looking to create an automation rule that clones a ticket into another project only when we identify a pattern: basically, when a certain number of tickets link to the same Confluence page and there's a gap highlighted in a dedicated field used to track Confluence content quality.
My team works as a 2nd line support team, providing help to internal teams. We use a custom issue type for these consultations, and we’ve added two custom fields:
Confluence Page – Filled in by the requester, pointing to the page they consulted before opening a ticket to us;
Confluence Quality – Filled in by my team when answering, mapping whether the Confluence content was ok, or if a gap was present.
This helps us understand whether Confluence content is solving problems or not, basically. I want to create an automation rule that:
- Finds issues that link to the same Confluence page;
Checks if the field “Confluence Quality” contains any kind of gap.
This field is a dropdown with multiple values for different types of gaps. I want to include any ticket that has any gap selected, regardless of which one. Currently, I think the lookup issues action is only matching tickets with exactly the same gap option, tho.
If the number of matching tickets is 3 or more, I want to:
Clone a new issue into another project;
List all matching issues (with keys, links, etc.) inside the description of the new issue ( I'm getting this by providing the description with a pre-added table that get's populated with smart values);
Link each of the matching issues to the newly created one, so everything stays traceable. However, I need to ensure that the linking only happens for the tickets that matter.
This is the Lookup issues JQL I'm using:
project = "ABCSD" AND "Ticket Created:" = "No" OR "Ticket Created:" = EMPTY AND "confluence quality[dropdown]" IN ("Gap - Cross-cluster knowledge - Reference missing", "Gap - Content - Incomplete or missing information", "Gap - Content - Outdated or inaccurate information", "Gap - Content - No page/ section covering relevant topic", "Gap - Formatting - Excessive page length", "Gap - Formatting - Information hidden or difficult to find", "Gap - Searchability - Poor keyword optimisation", "Gap - Content - Contradictory information", "Gap - Content - Ambiguous or unclear information", "Gap - Formatting - Broken links or references", "Gap - Formatting - Poor layout & readability", "Gap - Terminology - inconsistent terminology and/ or definitions") AND created >= -14d
Problems I'm facing:
Right now, using Lookup Issues, the rule seems to only match tickets that have the exact same gap option, not just any selected gap.
I also don’t know how to write the JQL so that it correctly groups tickets based on shared Confluence pages: we have many tickets across many Confluence pages, and I want this rule to run per page.
Ideally, I’d like the rule to:
Normalize or match Confluence links, even if people provide section anchors or subheadings in the URL.
Run once per Confluence page, checking whether 3+ tickets referencing it also have a gap flagged.
Clone an issue and link only the relevant tickets to that new one.