When I copy/paste from Excel to Confluence, the data is converted to an image of the table. I am using Edge
Hi @deb and welcome to the Community.
I'm using the latest Chrome and I've just copy/pasted an excel table onto a Confluence page where it rendered as expected - as a table.
I simpy selected the range of cells (or the entire table) and hit copy, hit paste and the table appeared on my Confluence page.
It also works from Google Sheets.
In other words, I could not replicate your issue.
I suggest that you open an anonymous window in your browser, log in a try again. In similar cases, the most likely culprit is a browser extension.
Note: when copy pasting, always select a specific range of cells (even if the table has 30 columns and 500 rows) rather than hitting ctrl/cmd + A, otherwise you end up with a huge number of empty cells in Confluence. But even then, such table was pasted as a table.
The problem also occurs in Chrome
Thanks. I had selected the cells I needed specifically so that wasn't it. However, I rebooted the laptop and it worked fine after the restart.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.