Greetings!
I created a plan and it displays the Epics and child tasks within my project. I had a task where the original time estimate was 2 weeks. I had already logged 4 hours on the issue. I came to the conclusion that the task should only take 1 week so I selected the task, which opened in another window, and changed the original to 1 week. Closed the task window and went to the Plan view and refreshed the browser window (just in case). I didn't see the time ratio change in the timeline. Selected the task again and the Original Estimate was set to 1 week, which is correct. I selected the Time tracking field in the issue and the popup displayed for me to enter my time. The Time Remaining field in the popup displayed "1w 4d 6h", which is not correct. When I change the Time Remaining field to "4d 6h" and select the Save button. the timeline changes to reflect the correct percentage complete.
What is the correct way to change the Original Estimate in the Issue and have it adjust the Time Remaining?
I looked at an automation but I can't find the "Original estimate" in the fields that I can monitor for being changed, nor can I find a "Time remaining" field to adjust.
I really need a way to make "Original Estimate" = "Time Remaining" - "Time logged"
My large development team needs a really easy way to adjust this or chances are good that they will forget to adjust both the "Original Estimate" AND the "Time Remaining".
Thanks in advance!