I have a series of "shell" tickets. These are summary issues that contain 5 sections, with each section containing 3 fields (total of 15 fields in the ticket). By default these are all empty.
When a trigger ticket is created (Jira Form), the form contains:
-1 sections worth fields (3)
-A text field to denote which shell tickets the information corresponds with (`shell_issues`)
I'd like to copy the data from the trigger ticket into the shell ticket with some constraints.
Here is the expected ux (sections are always filled out incrementally):
1. User submits form, and specifies ticket A
2. Jira automation looks at ticket A, sees that `Section 1` is null, and copies fields 1-3 onto `Section 1`
3. User submits another form, and specifics tickets A and B.
4. Jira automation looks at ticket A, sees that `Section 1` is not null, and sees that `Section 2` is null, and copies fields 1-3 onto `Section 2`. It then searches Ticket B, and similar to #2, copies info into `Section 1`.
Currently, here's what I tried:
- Smart variable for `shell_issues`
- Branch with JQL to loop through `shell_issues`
- For each shell issue:
- If Section 1 is null
- edit issue with form fields
- If Section 2 is null
- edit issue with form fields

The problem is that since all shells start empty, the first time a form is submitted, it will fill all sections.
I'm wondering if there's a way to if/and. Example `If section 2 is empty AND the section 1 field matches the field that already exists then stop`.
Also, not to combine multiple requests into one question but I tried to put the `if` condition into the edit issue to cut down on components, but wasn't able to get it working so if anyone has ideas on that I'd love to try.